hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Friday, January 17, 2014

Victorian Ladies Card

Hello My dear Stamper Friends:
Today, I would like to share with you this "Victorian"/Vintage looking Card that I made for "Lost Coast Designs".
I used the set called "Harpers Women" and this rubber set comes with 4 different ladies. (see supplies below)



I decided to use 2 of the ladies and in order to make them look like there is one stamp, one lady behind the other I used the "masking" technique!

"Masking Technique":  this is one of those "basic" stamping techniques that you must include in your practice of stamping...
Just remember that whenever you want to use this technique have in mind that the first image that you are stamping is the one that you will see in the front. The others will be in the back even though you are stamping them after the first one!



The technique consist in covering an stamped image so that other images may be placed over it. Creating complex groups of stamped images.
In my case, one lady looks a little bit behind the other one and I colored very lightly with "Copics" their dresses

Masking step by step:
1- stamp your image ( the one that you want to be in the front) on your final project
2- make a mask: 
- stamp again this same image on a "sticky" paper ( I use "eclipse" masking paper/tape) but you can use old plain printers paper, add low tack double sided tape on the back to make it "sticky" or use "post it" notes...
- cut around the image
- tip:  cut a little bit inside the image, so the next images will not have a "white" line/gap..
3- place mask on top of your "original" stamped image
4- stamp a second/different  image so it overlaps on one side of the mask
5- keep doing this if you want more images behind the first one
6- remove mask to reveal your composition...


I used several "Spellbinders" labels which match very well the theme of Victorian/Vintage looking card added some ribbon, flower and pearls

I hope you can try to use more than one stamp image in your project and use this fun technique of "Masking" that creates dimension into your projects...

Have a nice day and keep on crafting, hugs...

SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Lost Cost Designs:  Harpers Women 



Follow on Bloglovin

26 comments:

  1. Hi Bibiana,

    Gorgeous card, love the stamps and you have framed the image with some beautiful dies.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of Victorian age, studied it at university and read all the books I can find about it... and I absolutely love your card!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAGNIFIQUE réalisation, un très joli côté vintage!!!!
    j'adore!!
    bisous
    coc♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tout simplement superbe belle technique bye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card ! Those stamps are brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card Bibiana, gorgeous stamps and with those fabulous spellbinder shapes,
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card...love the ethereal look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. j'adore cette carte est une pure merveille
    bisous

    ReplyDelete
  9. magnifique j'adore, bravo
    bisous
    marie-claude

    ReplyDelete
  10. coucou
    c est une carte tres elegante j aime beaucou
    bravo a toi
    et gros bizou

    ReplyDelete
  11. An absolut stunning card here Bibiana, sooo beautiful colored and such a romantic finish to it. I really love how it ended up, just gorgeous as all your work here.
    Have a wonderful week-end and lots of great fun, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So elegant and victorian. I love how you used your dies to give that victorian lacy feeling. You did a lovely job masking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun Victorian image Bibiana, the colors and die cuts with your masking technique make a pretty card.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely card Bibiana. Great way to explain masking too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, such a beautiful card.
    Thank you for the tips on "masking" I always have to really "think" when I am doing this technique
    Happy crafting

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Superbe technique et superbe carte, très belles ladies ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  17. My friend was over yesterday and I was showing her your blog, she had not heard of masking, your GORGEOUS card was a perfect tutorial to show her how it was done, the card is gorgeous, beautiful images, fantastic die cuts all make a gorgeoussss card, thanks for sharing, I'm doing good, thanks for visiting, hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS ))) my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a very pretty card, Bibiana ....and a lovely image x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the vintage feel to your design. Gorgeous♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous Victorian image and I LOVE how you framed it! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my word Bibiana this is so beautiful, being a big lover of anything vintage this appeals to me greatly, the images, colours and that frame look superb.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Très jolie carte! On dirait vraiment qu'il s'agit d'une seule étampe. Un jour j'essaierai le papier Eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Je dirai juste qu'elle est magnifique.
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am a huge fan of the Victorian style. Love the lace treatment. The card is beautiful. My DW Jill/JD from ribbon challenged sent your link to me.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bibiana
    Consider me one of your proudest fans.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana